Bronzed Sea Scallops with Two Docks Shellfish Clams
Chef Kyle C. Harrington, Boca Kitchen and Market
3 Diver Scallops
½ cup Sage cream
2 table spoon chorizo crumb
5 oz spaghetti squash
In pan Sear scallops on one side. Add Clams turn scallops deglaze with white wine. Add sage cream and reduce. Add spaghetti squash heat till squash is hot. Salt and pepper to taste.
Plate in a bowl garnish with Chorizo crumb.
Red Onions Small Dice
Chorizo Small Diced
Brioche Bread Crumbs
Herb di Vin
- Toast brioche bread crumbs till very hard and set aside
- In a large saute pans render out the chorizo till crispy
- Add the red onions and continue to sweat out until translucent with the oregano
- let the onion mixture completely cool
- Combine with the breadcrumbs and onion mix and place in robot coupe
- Pulse together until it is coarse
- Add herb di Vin
- Set aside for service
Salt and Pepper
- Cut each squash in half and scrape out seeds. Salt and pepper each side
- Place each half in a bag with 1oz of chorizo, 2oz of butter and a thyme sprig
- Seal bag
- Place in a water bath at 110 degrees
- Cook for about 2 hours or until tender
- Let it cool
- Scape out the meat of squash to look like noodles
- Label and date
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pot and bring to a boil. Simmer until the sage and garlic are infused into the cream.
- Strain through a china cap, keep chill until service.