Beef Stroganoff | Silver Palate
- 2 cups, crème fraiche
- 1 cup sour cream (not low fat)
- 1 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 TBSP. tomato paste
- 3 TBSP. Worcester
- 2 teaspoons sweet Hungarian Paprika
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon truffle salt
- 2 TBSP demi-glace (I use the concentrate)
- 1 pound medium button mushrooms
- ½ pound shitake mushrooms
- 1 bag frozen pearl onions
- 3 pounds steak tips. (See note on video)
- Chopped Italian parsley
- Egg noodles.
- 10 TBSP. butter divided
Combine the sour cream, crème fraiche, mustard, tomato paste, Worcester sauce, paprika, salt and pepper and demi-glace in a medium sauce pan. Simmer stirring often for 20 minutes then cover.
Meanwhile boil the egg. Noodles and drain.
Trim the mushrooms and wipe clean. Slice thin, melt 3 TBSP. of the butter in a large skittle and saute mushrooms until golden brown. Remove into bowl. Add 1 TBSP. butte to pan and add pearl onions. Sauté until lightly brown. Add to mushrooms in bowl.
Add more butter to pan and add sliced beef (cutting against the grain) Season with truffle salt and saute beef just until lightly browned. Add mushroom and onion mix and sauce. Toss in noodles.
Serve in large bowls topped with fresh minced parsley.