WTXL ABC 27 HD has an immediate opening for a part-time Technical Producer.
Duties of this position will include switching newscasts and live event productions, operation of all control room and studio equipment, as well as studio maintenance. Other duties include but are not limited to, coordinating with other departments to ensure successful completion of “start to finish” daily work-flow, creating graphics, posting to digital platforms, video editing, floor directing, running master control, and newsroom responsibilities such as acting as a videographer when needed, answering phones and escorting guests.
• High-school diploma or GED; technical school training or a college degree preferred
• At least 2 years of previous newscast production experience - experience in live television production is a plus
• Thorough knowledge of studio operations as well as planning and executing shows on remote location, technical planning, and site surveys.
• Experience with VIZ-RT Graphics systems, IGNITE live production control system and ENPS a plus
• Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
The ideal candidate must possess a positive attitude, be able to work well with other newsroom staff under periods of stress and impending deadlines, and have a visceral distaste for office politics and gossip.
To apply, send your cover letter, resume, writing samples, link to reel, etc. to email@example.com. Include in the subject line the title of the position for which you are applying. We accept attachments in .doc, .docx, .pdf, and .txt formats. No telephone calls, please. WTXL ABC 27 HD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.