WTXL ABC 27 HD has an immediate opening for a full-time Online Engagement Supervisor in our News Department.
The Online Engagement Supervisor will act as an in-house multimedia journalist to accurately research and report news for digital platforms first, and sharing the information with on-air staff. Duties of this position will include working closely with news staff to collect information to be used in digital content, such as written stories, photo galleries, and news updates; building web pages and creating graphics and other marketing materials; uploading and editing of digital media assets (photos, videos); managing and engaging the online community, including using social media platforms to distribute digital news content; reporting daily analytic data on news and editorial content; and building strategic plans to dominate daily news coverage for the DMA.
This position will also be responsible for controlling the station’s voice on digital formats as well as for managing web producers, including effectively communicating which stories will be featured on digital platforms and developing workflow and best practices, and training web producers and newsroom staff in editorial style. Other duties may be assigned as the needs of the station dictate.
Applicants must have a good attitude and approach, be able to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word, and find solutions for or deal proactively with work-related problems.
• A high school graduate; college degree preferred
• Some previous experience in a television newsroom required
• Proven experience in the interactive media space and journalism required; familiarity with traditional television media is a plus
• Proficient with computers as well as online and mobile platforms
• Basic graphic design abilities
• Able to spend dedicated amounts of time working within an active newsroom
• Must be reliable, responsible, quick to respond, organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task
• Able to provide proficient level of quality control and accuracy of online and digital platforms
• Able to encourage and maintain teamwork throughout the company
The ideal candidate is expected to act as a supervisor/role model to other staff during assigned shifts, and must be able to work well with other staff under periods of stress and impending deadlines as well as having a visceral distaste for office politics and gossip.
To apply, send your cover letter, resume, writing samples, and a link to your reel to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the subject line the title of the position for which you are applying. We accept attachments in .doc, .docx, .pdf, and .txt formats. No telephone calls, please. WTXL ABC 27 HD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.