WWSB ABC 7, the ABC Network Affiliate located in beautiful Sarasota, FL is seeking a “hands-on” Marketing Director who cares strongly about and has a successful & impressive track record of driving ratings and audience growth by producing breathtaking video, print, and digital promos in a diverse, multi-platform environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all of the station’s Marketing, Commercial Production, and Events. He or she will develop highly creative & innovative advertising, marketing & promotion campaigns for the station and will also find opportunities to better promote the station and increase the station’s visibility through marketing, targeted promotions, event marketing, explore use of billboards, radio, print, digital and other outside opportunities to gain exposure. This individual will develop and cultivate relationship and partnerships within the Suncoast community including but not limited to community charities, non-profits, arts, and the business community. Must possess knowledge of how to use social marketing and digital web advertising to enhance station’s marketing efforts.
The Marketing Director must foster an attitude of exceptional customer service and provide motivation, leadership and fresh ideas to senior management team. It requires a can-do attitude as well as strong organizational, communication and computer-related skills.
The Marketing Director reports to the General Manager and is a key member of the senior management team. The Marketing Director must work well with and become cohesive to the senior management team. Together the senior management team will set the strategy for the station. The successful candidate must have a visceral distaste for office politics and gossip.
Advance your career in our high-energy, fast-paced environment as you lead our Creative team.
Primary skills and traits:
• Must have exceptional writing skills.
• Highly competitive with the desire to “win.”
• Possesses solid creative skills and judgement.
• Must have a strong belief in digital. Looking for someone with the vision to aggressively drive audience and ratings growth across multimedia platforms including: digital, mobile, social media, and any new platform opportunities that may arise.
• The ability to hire, manage, train & develop a high-performance creative services team.
• Must exhibit great people and communication skills with all stakeholders including: staff, peers, Calkins Media, Suncoast community, clients, and our viewers and consumers of our digital products.
• Strong analytical ability to actively manage and work within the fiscal budgets of the Creative Services department.
• Maximize resources to strategically develop an efficient and highly-effective outside marketing campaign.
• Effectively apply Nielsen and other market research.
• Looking for someone who embraces new technologies.
• Must believe in getting heavily involved and engaged in the community.
• Ability to set and maintain ethical standards.
• College degree in marketing or other applicable degree required.
• 3-5 yrs. successful experience in promotion or marketing in television/online/social media/mobile media industry.
• 3-5 yrs. proven experience leading & managing promotion staff.
• Track record of leading by example, assuming increased responsibility and taking accountability for results.
• Strong leadership traits and mentoring abilities.
• Ability to thrive in a high-performance / accountability environment, meeting challenging, measurable objectives.
• Must embrace sharing, creating, aggressive acquisition, delivery, and presentation of content across all platforms and Calkins Media properties.
• Video and editing skills.
• Must be able to work under tight deadlines.
• Must be willing to be actively involved and engaged in the community.
• Flexible to work a schedule that may include nights, weekends, and/or holidays is a must.
Please send your demo reel (including digital & print promos), resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Or mail to:
WWSB ABC 7
ATTN: Marketing Director Position
1477 Tenth Street
Sarasota, FL 34236
Calkins Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE.