WWSB ABC 7, the ABC Network Affiliate located in beautiful Sarasota, FL is seeking a Reporter/Multi-Media Journalist who cares strongly about local news with a successful track record of driving content in a diverse, multi-platform environment.
This position will be responsible for gathering, shooting, writing, editing, and reporting. The content will be generated for on-air and across digital platforms. This individual will participate in live shots in the field, newsroom, or studio.
Assignments to include but not limited to general assignment, field, and/or investigative reporting. Must have a strong belief in digital and be able to drive content across multimedia platforms including: digital, mobile, social media, etc.
It requires a can-do attitude as well as strong organizational, communication and computer-related skills.
Primary skills and traits:
• Highly competitive with the desire to “win.”
• Possesses solid journalistic judgment.
• Must have a strong belief in digital. Looking for someone with the vision to aggressively drive growth in content across multimedia platforms including: digital, mobile, social media, and any new platform opportunities that may arise.
• Must exhibit great people and communication skills with staff, peers, Calkins Media, and our viewing and digital communities.
• Looking for someone who embraces new technologies.
• Must believe in getting heavily involved and engaged in the community.
The successful candidate must possess a demonstrated familiarity with the Internet, including mobile applications and social media. He or she must have the ability to think strategically, to identify opportunities and to work well within a team environment.
A college degree in news, communication or other applicable degree required.
Advance your career in our high-energy, fast-paced environment.
• 2 yrs. successful experience as a Reporter/Multi-Media Journalist in television/online/social media/mobile media industry.
• Experience with ENPS & Edius preferred but not required.
• Must be able to work under pressure and deadlines.
• Must be willing to be actively involved and engaged in the community.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
No phone calls please. Please send your resume, cover letter, and reporting samples to:
WWSB ABC 7
Attn: Reporter/MMJ Opening
1477 10th Street
Sarasota, FL 34236