WTXL ABC 27 and Bounce Tallahassee are seeking a motivated Local Sales Manager to lead our sales staff in creating a demand for television and digital advertising, thereby securing new advertisers and maximizing revenue from existing accounts.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Partner with General Sales Manager to develop sales strategies and initiatives focusing on a multi-screen approach
- Recruit new Account Executives
- Mentor Account Executives to ensure effective motivation and training via training sessions, weekly sales meetings, inventory updates and programming opportunities, consulting on advertising proposals, etc.
- Guide Account Executives in setting, meeting and exceeding individual and team sales goals and ensure that they have the tools, resources, and abilities necessary to meet and exceed those goals
- Monitor performance of Account Executives through ongoing evaluation of individual billing and new business development
- Implement and ensure sales objectives
- Cultivate, evaluate, and negotiate business with new and existing clients
- Develop and maintain rapport with agencies and clients to promote station’s image
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field
- Prior management experience preferred
- 5+ Years advertising sales experience with demonstrated track record of continuously increasing results
- Drive and influence for creation of value to new and non-traditional advertisers, with a proven track record of new business development
- Strong negotiation, time management, and organization skills
- Ability to remain abreast of competitors and industry trends
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities
- Ability to work effectively with all departments including sales, traffic, and news
- Television/Digital advertising experience required, including knowledge of Wide Orbit, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the subject line the specific position for which you are applying. NO PHONE CALLS. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.