WTXL-TV, ABC27 has an opening for a Broadcast Operations Controller to work at our broadcasting HUB facility located in Midway, Fl. (Tallahassee area). The Broadcast Operations Controller is responsible for the control and monitoring of on-air channels for multiple television stations.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Set-up and control playback of multiple playlists to ensure that program continuity is met and that all programming, commercial, PSA and promotional material as well as breaking news events, air as scheduled/requested.
• Monitor multiple stations on-air signals for quality/continuity.
• Ingest/preparation of commercial inventory, transfer and preparation of programming, set up and monitoring of satellite feeds.
• Monitoring of transmitters/tower lights under the FCC regulations and report issues to the engineering department. Take/document various transmitter readings.
• Perform and document EAS tests/alerts as per FCC guidelines.
• Communicate any technical issues/system alarms to the engineering department.
• Filling out station logs and discrepancy reports.
• Performing routine maintenance
• Other tasks as assigned
• Minimum Associate degree in technology related field and 1 year experience in television station operations or 2 years previous Broadcast Controller/master control experience is preferred.
• Previous experience/familiarity with various television broadcast equipment such as, satellites and receivers, video playback servers, routers, switchers, and broadcast automation systems-specifically Sundance/Avid Titan airplay, is a plus.
• Knowledge of satellite spot delivery systems (DGS/Media DVX/VYVX/Pathfire) and file transfer (Filezilla, FTP etc.) is also preferred.
• Strong technical/computer aptitude
• Comfortable working in a multi-tasking environment.
• Detail oriented and must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Availability to work various shifts /schedules including early mornings, nights/overnights, weekends, and holidays.
• Strong work ethic, reliable and professional.
• Must be able to lift 25-50 lbs. (with assistance)
The ideal candidate for this position must be a team player with a positive attitude and a visceral distaste for office politics and gossip and must be able to work well with other staff under periods of stress and impending deadlines.
Qualified candidates, please email your resumes to email@example.com. You may also mail resumes to ATTN: Careers, WTXL ABC 27, 1620 Commerce Blvd. Midway Fl. 32343. WTXL-TV ABC27 is an EOE. No phone calls please.