WWSB-ABC 7 seeks an experienced Broadcast Engineer to provide technical support for all broadcast equipment including, but not limited to, master control on-air equipment, such as automation system and on-air servers, all IT systems equipment, as well as transmitter equipment at our Sarasota, Florida studio and transmitter facilities.
Experience in broadcast engineering, proven ability to install and maintain equipment, effective organization and communications skills a must. Training in electronics troubleshooting and repair, computer/network support, and SBE certification is highly desirable.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage and maintain complex television integrated systems with minimum or no supervision.
• Implement new engineering projects as directed by project management.
• Be on call 24/7 to provide timely response to station off-air situations, equipment issues, transmitter issues, etc.
• Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve electronic and/or electrical issues at both the studio and transmitter locations.
• Responsible for all technical aspects of control room maintenance and repairs and will play key role in the continuing design and upgrade of all major systems.
• Evaluate, install, maintain all A/V systems, including all control rooms, studio equipment, field gear, etc.
SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES
• Understanding of all HD/SD workflow and signal flow.
• Enthusiastic about troubleshooting, learning new technologies, and figuring out how things work.
• Excellent technical problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
• In-depth knowledge of Windows 7/10 and Windows server versions needed.
• Knowledge of Active Directory, Cisco routers, and all other Small Business Networking.
• Must be a Team Player.
• Must be able to analyze complex electronic problems and make recommendations for swift corrective action.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are necessary.
• Must be able to work independently, yet strong collaboration skills are required.
• Must be able to prioritize and be a proactive thinker.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours (we support a 365, 24/7 business).
• Knowledge of AVID/SUNDANCE automation and OMNEON play to air servers a plus.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• TV Broadcast background required.
• Minimum of 3+ years in professional television broadcast environment installing/operating/repairing television equipment. Ability to repair and install SD/HD digital broadcast systems.
Looking for a team player. Candidates must have a visceral distaste for office politics and gossip.
Assistant Chief Engineer WWSB TV
1477 Tenth Street
Sarasota, FL 34236
WWSB-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer