WTXL ABC 27 HD has an immediate opening for a part-time Morning Associate Producer in our News Department.
Duties of this position will include producing, associate producing, booking guests for newscasts, monitoring newsroom phones and press releases, and contributing to story generating ideas. Other duties, such as performing assignment desk tasks, may be assigned as the needs of the station dictate.
Applicants must have a good attitude and approach, be able to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word, and find solutions for or deal proactively with work-related problems.
• College degree in Journalism/Communications (preferred but not required depending on experience and schooling)
• Some previous experience in a television newsroom required
• Proficient with computers as well as online and mobile platforms
• Strong personal skills, able to work with guests and on-air talent
• ENPS experience preferred
• Good work ethic and good attitude and approach
• Must be able to multi-task and provide a proficient level of quality control and accuracy
• Must have a valid state driver’s license
The ideal candidate must be able to work well with other staff under periods of stress and impending deadlines and must have a visceral distaste for office politics and gossip.
To apply, send your cover letter, resume, writing samples, and a link to your reel to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the subject line the title of the position for which you are applying. We accept attachments in .doc, .docx, .pdf, and .txt formats. No telephone calls, please. WTXL ABC 27 HD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.