WTXL ABC 27 HD has an immediate opening for a full-time Anchor/Reporter in our News Department.
Duties of this position will include gathering and verifying factual information for stories through interviews, observation and research; assembling and explaining information accurately on all stories assigned; building community and business contacts to develop fresh daily leads; providing live news reports for WTXL news programs, conducting live reports from event sites as well as the studio; filling in as anchor on various shifts, and updating social media. This position is expected to act as a supervisor/role model for interns and news crews during assigned shifts. Other duties, such as making personal appearances to promote the station, may be assigned as the needs of the station dictate.
Applicants must have a good attitude and approach, be able to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word, and find solutions for or deal proactively with work-related problems.
• College degree in Journalism/Communications required
• 1-2 years of experience as an anchor, with reporting experience
• Proficient with computers as well as online and mobile platforms
• ENPS experience preferred
• Good work ethic and good attitude and approach
• Must be able to multi-task and provide a proficient level of quality control and accuracy
• Must have a valid state driver’s license
The ideal candidate must be able to work well with other staff under periods of stress and impending deadlines and must have a visceral distaste for office politics and gossip.
To apply, send your cover letter, resume, writing samples, and a link to your reel to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the subject line the title of the position for which you are applying. We accept attachments in .doc, .docx, .pdf, and .txt formats. No telephone calls, please. WTXL ABC 27 HD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.