SARASOTA and VENICE, Fla.- The Suncoast is in full gear when it comes to holiday events. We just witnessed the Venice Christmas Parade a week ago and not it's time for the The Sarasota Holiday Parade and the Venice Boat Parade of Lights.
If you're taking pictures, please share them with the rest of the Suncoast by using email, email@example.com or via Twitter @mysuncoast - thank you!
Information for Sarasota Holiday Parade:
- Held today, Saturday, December 7th, starting at 7:00 p.m.
- The parade route will start at Main Street and 301, and travel west on Main Street to Bayfront Drive.
- Staging areas will shut down access to some road starting at 12:00. It is anticipated that these areas will remain closed until approximately 9:00 P.M. and they include
|Main Street from 301 to School Avenue||School Avenue from Main Street to Fruitville Road|
|Audubon Place at Fruitville Road||Fletcher Avenue at Fruitville Road|
|Wallace Avenue at Fruitville Road||East Avenue from Fruitville Road to Ringling Blvd.|
301 (N. Washington Blvd) Will close at 5:00 P.M. from Fruitville Road to Ringling Blvd. It is anticipated that 301 will remain closed until approximately 9:00 P.M.
The Parade Route will be closed to vehicle traffic at 5:00 P.M. and expected to reopen by 10:00 P.M.
Information for Venice Boat Parade of Lights:
- The parade will start at 6pm near the Albee Road bridge in Nokomis
- It then heads south and partially out beyond the jetties at Venice Inlet, then continues south through Roberts Bay and all the way down the Intracoastal Waterway to just north of the Circus Bridge.
- Nearly 50 boats will be in parade this year
- It's estimated that upwards of 60,000 people will line the route from Nokomis to Venice for this festive event