8 oz softened butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 green apples, peeled, quartered, cored, cut into 1/8-inch-thick wedges
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup apricot preserve
1 14” pie crust
Preheat oven to 350°F
• Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 14-inch round. Transfer to 11-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Fold overhang in and press, forming double-thick sides. Chill while making filling.
• Combine almond flour, sugar, eggs, extracts and salt in processor. Blend until soft paste forms.
• Add 6 tablespoons butter; blend 10 seconds. Spread in crust. Chill for 10 minutes.
• Meanwhile, stir apples, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon sugar in large bowl. Let stand 15 minutes.
• Drain apples; overlap in concentric circles atop filling. Melt 2 tablespoons butter; brush over apples. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
• Bake until apples are tender, about 45 minutes.
• Transfer to rack and glaze with warmed preserve