Adapted from Elie Kruger
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous- I found a new organic couscous at Fresh Market I love
- 1/3 cup dried chopped apricots
- 2 TBSP. organic raisins
- 1 cup fat free- plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 TBSP. lemon hummus
- 2 TBSP> chopped fresh mint
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup hot paprika.
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Olive oil or Avocado oil
Combine the couscous apricots and 1 TBSP. olive oil in a bowl. Add 1 ¼ cups very hot water or organic stock. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit about 5 minutes or until the water is absorbed and couscous is tender. Whole what couscous tends to take longer.
In a separate bowl- stir yogurt. Hummus. Mint and 1-2 TBSP. water together. Season and set aside.
Toss shrimp with tomatoes and 1 TBSP. oil and hot paprika. Spread out on a baking sheet and broil until shrimp is opaque and cooked through- about 4 minutes total. Toss with lemon juice.
Fluff the couscous with a fork. Serve with shrimp atop of couscous and sauce drizzled.
Serve with steamed green beans tossed with salt and pepper and garlic or broccoli rabe