ROASTED BABY BEET APPETIZER
1 oz. wt. Whipped goat cheese (assoc. rec.)
3 halves Roasted beet’s, cut in half (assoc. rec.)
3 sections Orange sections (assoc. rec.)
½ oz. wt. Arugula
1 Tbsp. Lemon balsamic vinaigrette (assoc. rec.)
¾ tsp. Roasted pistachios, ¼” rough chop
1. Pipe out the cheese on an angle on a small chilled oval plate from the bottom left to the top right as seen in image #1
2. Place flat side of the beets on top of cheese alternating colors as seen in Image #2. Cover with plastic wrap to hold for service.
3. Place orange sections in-between the beets as shown. Toss the arugula in the lemon balsamic dressing and place at the top left side of the plate as shown.
4. Sprinkle the arugula and around the beets with pistachio’s.
Note: to roast pistachios place on a sheet pan and bake in a 350° double convection oven set on low fan for 4-5 minutes and slightly browned. Cut to a 1/4” rough chop.
12 ea. Golden beets, with skin and 1” of stem on
12 ea. Red beets, with skin and stem on
½ cup Pomace oil
1. Place the beets in a mixing bowl and toss with the salt and oil to coat well. Place the beets in a 2” full hotel pan and separate the gold and red beets so they are not touching as the reds will bleed into the golds.
2. Cover the container tightly with foil and bake in a pre-heated 350° double convection oven set on low fan for about 40 to 50 minutes. Beets should be tender to the touch but not mushy.
3. Remove from oven, open foil and let cool for 30 minutes. To peel, rub the skins off using a damp towel. Cut off the top and bottom sides flush then cut vertically in half and place in separate containers.
4. Cover, label, date and refrigerate.
WHIPPED GOAT CHEESE
11 oz. wt. Chevre cheese
¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
1 ts Kosher salt
1. Crumble goat cheese into a bowl and cover with plastic and let stand in a warm place until soft, about 20 minutes.
2. When cheese is soft to the touch add the oil and salt and blend well with a wire whip.
3. Place in a plastic pastry bag.
4. Label, date and refrigerate.