Honey 1 tablespoon
Lime Juice 2 each
White Wine ¼ cup
Pecans 2 tablespoon, toasted pieces
Shallots 2 each, thin sliced circles (reserve one for fried garnish)
Garlic 1 clove
Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2 oz.
Lime 1 oz.
Napa Cabbage ¼ head, sliced thin
Spinach 1 cup, (loose)
Red Bell Pepper ¼ cup, julienne
Cilantro ¼ cup, nice sprigs
Avocado 1 each
Oil 1 teaspoon
Shrimp- 26/30 8 each, p&d and split cut
- Combine honey, lime juice (2 each), and white wine in a saucepan and reduce by half. Cool and reserve.
- Toast the pecan pieces until light brown and then cool. Warm the 2 oz. of oil together with the sliced shallots and garlic clove until vegetables are soft. Cool.
- In a blender, process all vinaigrette ingredients: Pecan, Shallot, Garlic, Oil, Lime Juice. Salt as needed. Reserve.
- In a hot sauté pan, place seasoned shrimp and a bit of oil in pan and cook half way. Deglaze with lime/honey reduction to finish.
- Place salad ingredients (except avocado) in a mixing bowl and toss with vinaigrette. Portion the salad onto 4 plates and top with shrimp. Cut the avocado in 4 pieces and place on plates (fan cut).
**Optional: A great garnish would be to flour and fry one of the thinly sliced shallots. Season and place on top of salad for crunchy texture.