Lab Support, a division of On Assignment, is an international leader in placing scientific, engineering, and preclinical professionals in contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire opportunities. Having pioneered a specialized staffing approach, our Lab Support Staffing Consultants possess a degree in science or engineering and a passion for the industry they represent. With over 28 years of experience, we successfully place professionals in industries, such as biotechnology, medical device, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, environmental, chemical, and consumer care as well as government and academia.
Responsible for general support activities in a testing laboratory, including ordering of chemicals and supplies, sample receipt, small equipment maintenance and calibration (balance weight checks, spectrophotometer checks) and various administrative support duties.
Will assist in routine "sweeps" of the lab to ensure compliance with safety regulations. 0 - 2 years of experience.
Perform general laboratory duties to assist R&D Scientist(s) in various tasks from bench top through commercialization.
This includes, but is not limited to, preparing and pasteurizing juice samples, overseeing shelf life testing, conducting bench top tastings, shipping and receiving products, submitting samples to analytical and microbiology, interacting with manufacturing, and maintaining detailed records.
At times, work can be repetitive, such as capping bottles on microthermics pasteurizer. Must have stamina to support various research initiatives.
Required Job Skills: 1. Ability to stand for extended periods of time while working in the lab, pilot plant, or plant
2. Ability to lift 50 lbs or more
3. Maintain organized laboratory environment
4. Organize and weigh out ingredients per formula specifications/instructions
5. Batch formulas per batching instructions
6. Execute experiments per instructions
7. Manage storage and submitting samples during storage /shelf life evaluations
8. Utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint for reporting and summarizing data, data calculations, creating labels, and graphing