Description The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is a world leader in scrap metal recycling & trading. With over 80 locations, the Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
Trademark Metals Recycling (TMR), a wholly-owned subsidiary of DJJ, has an exciting opportunity for an Inspector position for our Sarasota location.
1. Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures.
2. Greet customers coming into the yard and direct them to the proper location to unload materials from their vehicles.
3. Inspect customer materials for existence of flammable, radioactive, hazardous and/or leaded materials.
4. Inspect customer materials for liquids, non-metallic and all other posted or non-posted materials that are non-acceptable (i.e. propane tanks, PCP’s, batteries, etc.)
5. Ensure that any non-acceptable materials are not left on TMR property.
6. Remove and properly store any items or materials not allowed that may have been left without being detected previously.
7. General labor duties that may include but not limited to: Sweeping, shoveling and general clean-up of any area and/or equipment and physical handling of materials, supplies, etc.
8. Willing to cross-train in other positions and assists other employees as needed.
9. Any other duties as assigned by the Manager.
1. Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment while providing excellent customer service.
2. Minimum of 1-year previous general labor and/or customer service experience preferred.
3. Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
4. Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
5. Flexible to work off hours, weekends, holidays in an industrial environment which includes being outdoors in all weather conditions.
6. Ability to work standing or walking for up to 12 hours per day.
We offer a competitive compensation & benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Bonus Potential & 401k match among other great benefits. If you are ready to grow with a successful company, please apply online.
Trademark Metals Recycling is an EEO/AA employer who encourages females, minorities, veterans and disabled to apply.