The DaVinci Machines Exhibition
The DaVinci Machines Exhibition, on loan from the Museum of Leonardo DaVinci in Florence, Italy, and is one of just three such exhibits traveling the world.
It contains over 60 hand-crafted inventions built from Leonardo’s 500 – year old designs and is the life work of three generations of Florentine artisans.
They have painstakingly brought to life the creations and concepts devised by the brilliant scientist, inventor and artist Leonardo DaVinci.With over 60 machines on display, many of which are interactive, the collection features replicas of the major and most striking inventions of the original Renaissance Man.
Featured machines on display include the DaVinci bicycle, hang glider, and air screw, the precursor to the modern-day helicopter. Also, on display are two of Leonardo’s revolutionary robotic inventions, the life-size robot drummer and for the first time ever, the secrets behind Leonardo’s legendary mechanical lion.
This exhibition models are presented in four major themes:Military machines, Flying machines, Nautical & Hydraulic machines as well as devices and inventions illustrating the Principles of Mechanics.
The uniquely interactive machines are a popular aspect of each exhibition as visitors can touch and handle these models to gain a first-hand appreciation of how they work.
Explanatory notes and illustrative panels with Leonardo’s drawings from his codices accompany each model.
- Mon, Jun 23, 2014 @ 10:00 am
- Tue, Jun 24, 2014 @ 10:00 am
- Wed, Jun 25, 2014 @ 10:00 am
- Thu, Jun 26, 2014 @ 10:00 am
- Fri, Jun 27, 2014 @ 10:00 am
- Sat, Jun 28, 2014 @ 10:00 am
- Sun, Jun 29, 2014 @ 10:00 am
- Mon, Jun 30, 2014 @ 10:00 am
- Tue, Jul 1, 2014 @ 10:00 am
- Wed, Jul 2, 2014 @ 10:00 am
- Thu, Jul 3, 2014 @ 10:00 am
- Fri, Jul 4, 2014 @ 10:00 am
- Sat, Jul 5, 2014 @ 10:00 am
- Sun, Jul 6, 2014 @ 10:00 am
- Starting Sunday, June 1st, 2014, repeated every day until Monday, July 07, 2014 @ 10:00 am – 6:00 pm