SARASOTA, FL (WWSB)- If you have fireworks near your house, and you have pets, here are some tips from Manatee County's public safety team:
- Keep your pets indoors with curtains closed to shut out any fireworks.
- If your pets want to hide, let them.
- Feed your pet before the fireworks start; a full stomach makes them sleepier and helps them relax.
- Turning on the television or stereo can disguise the sound of fireworks.
- Try not to reward your dog for being scared; it’s better to ignore anxious looks or distract them.