There is a lot of sports watching in our home, so I bring out the wings once we hit playoff season for football and again on Final Four Night for the NCAA tourney,
I picked up pre-marinated wings at a fave sport, Southern Steer Butchers, where they own a tumbler machine, ensuring every item marinated is covered and sauced. All you do is crank up the oven or start the grill. Especially good if they are grilled on the big green egg or smoked. Of course these dips stand up great with chips or a spread for sandwiches.
Blue Cheese/Ranch Dip
8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
2 tablespoons blue cheese (crumbles)
½ cup carrots (finely chopped)
½ cup celery (finely chopped)
1 head celery (trimmed, 1/2 cup finely chopped - the rest cut into sticks)
5 large carrots (peeled, 1/2 cup finely chopped - the rest cut into sticks)
Avocado Lime Dip
· 2 large avocados, halved and pitted
· ½ cup lightly packed fresh cilantro (some stems are okay)
· ⅓ cup lime juice (from about 2 ½ limes)
· 1 small jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed
· roughly chopped
· 2 tablespoons water, more as needed to thin
· ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
1. Using a spoon, scoop the flesh of the avocados into a food processor or blender. Add the cilantro, lime juice, jal321apeño, water, and salt.
2. Process, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary, until the sauce is smooth and creamy. (If the mixture refuses to blend, add additional water in 1-tablespoon increments, as necessary.)
3. If you would like a thinner, more drizzly sauce, add water in 1-tablespoon increments until it reaches your desired consistency. Taste, and add more salt if it’s not quite flavorful enough.
4. Transfer the avocado sauce to a small serving bowl. This sauce keeps well in the refrigerator, covered, for about 4 days