SARASOTA, Fl (WWSB) - Each year there are retro foods making new appearances. From Whoopie pies to casserole get togethers. Recipes are like fashion and they do circle back around with newer “accessories”. This glaze offers my favorite addition, apricot preserves to sweeten the sauce while allowing the grain mustard to have a tang.
Don’t overdo the side dishes. Plain jasmine rice is perfect to soak up the juicy sweetness of the chicken.
- 5 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 3 Tablespoons high quality honey
- (or 5 Tablespoons prepared honey mustard)honey mustard
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon crumbled dried rosemary
- Dash pepper
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 bone in breast breasts and 2 bone in chicken legs
Steps to Make It
Serve over white rice and sautéed snow peas
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a small bowl combine the honey mustard, apricot preserves, vinegar, tarragon, rosemary, pepper, and green onions. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake the chicken.
- Lightly grease a baking dish; heat oven to 350 F (180° C/Gas 4).
- Heat the oil in a grill pan or skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken just until browned, turning to brown both sides.
- Place the browned chicken in the prepared baking dish. Spoon the honey and mustard mixture over the chicken breasts. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.