SARASOTA (WWSB) -
Gulf Shrimp with Green Curry Sauce
Harry’s Continental Kitchens
Servings for 4 people
1 can of coconut milk
1 ounce green curry paste (1/4 of a can)( less
¼ bunch of cilantro (Chopped very fine or put in blender to puree)
2 green onions
1 tsp garlic
2 ounce of white wine
1 ½ Tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp chicken base or bouillon
1 ounce of fish sauce
1 ½ pound of fresh gulf shrimp
2 Tbsp. butter
Salt and Pepper
Harry’s Rub (special seasoning from Harry’s)
1. In a saucepan, heat 1 tbs. of the butter add the garlic, chicken base, green curry paste and brown sugar. Cook on medium heat for 1-2 minutes, add white wine to degace the bottom of the pan, Reduce the wine by half. Add the fish sauce, coconut milk, sliced green onions and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce over moderate heat until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat until ready to cook shrimp and serve.
2. In a sautéed pan add butter, season shrimp with Harry’s Rub. Add shrimp to pan with the butter. Cook half way (only will take a minute) turn over, Add half of your green curry sauce reduce heat to low.
3. Serve with Jasmine rice (follow recipe on packaging). Make sure to rinse the rice thoroughly before cooking
4. Steam some fresh vegetables
5. Place rice on bottom of the bowl or plate, place shrimp around the rice and add extra sauce to your liking. Garnish with steamed vegetables and fresh cilantro sprig.