- 2 each, 16 oz French veal chops
- 8 oz king crab meat
- 1 cup olive oil
- To taste salt
- To taste pepper
- ½ bunch basil, leaves only, minced
- ½ bunch Italian parsley, leaves only, minced
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves only, minced
- 3 sprigs oregano, leaves only, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- ½ lemon, peeled, segments only
Mix all ingredients together in blender. Set aside until ready to cook veal chops.
When ready to cook chops, rub in marinade, sear in a cast iron pan and finish in preheated oven at 400 degrees to desired temperature.
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, peeled, chopped
- 1 tbsp tarragon, leaves only, chopped
- 12 tbsp salted, clarified butter
- 2 oz warm water
- 2 each egg yolks
- To taste sea salt
- To taste tabasco
Reduce red wine vinegar, shallots and tarragon.
In a bain marie, temper egg yolks and slowly add warm water. Transfer egg mixture to blender. On med/high speed, add vinegar mixture, tabasco, salt & pepper. Last and very slowly, add clarified butter until it reaches a mayonnaise type consistency.
Top veal chop with king crab meat and bearnaise. Serve with roasted asparagus.
Yields approx. 2 servings