Kielbasa with Fennel and Oranges | Chef Judi
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, thinly sliced, save fonds
- 1 red onion sliced lengthwise
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 TBSP. EVOO divided
- Plus extra for garnish
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper1 ½ lbs. smoked sausages
- 1 medium navel orange 1 TBSP red wine vinegar
- Approx. 10 rainbow colored large fingerling potatoes cut in half lengthwise (Whole Foods has a nice variety)
- Finishing salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss sliced fennel bulbs, red onion and rosemary on a large baking sheet.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and toss.
3. In a separate bowl toss potatoes with olive oil and salt and pepper. Place on prepared baking sheet and roast for 12 minutes in oven. Split Kielbasa and lightly drizzle with olive oil.
3. Roast sausages with potatoes for 25 minutes or until browned.
4. Chop the fennel fonds.
5. Zest ½ of the orange then cut the ends of the orange. Remove pith of orange and cut flesh into sections. Add red wine vinegar to orange segments. Adjust seasonings to add more S and P if needed.
6. Pour over roasted sausages and potatoes.
7. Place on platter and drizzle with olive oil.