Sweet Potato Spiced Sponge Cake
- ¾ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Sweet Potato Puree
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt together. Set aside.
- Whip the eggs and sugar with a mixer until full volume and fluffy.
- Gently fold in the sweet potato puree by hand.
- Add the dry ingredients and fold in. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour into a half sheet baking tray with a piece of oiled parchment in the bottom, do not spray the sides of the pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees conventional or 350 degrees convection for 8-10 minutes until slightly golden.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before rolling.
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 6 oz. Unsalted Butter
- 10 oz. Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Cream the cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.